Food! (recipes)

Open discussion on any topic

Moderator: ForumMods

lonelieone

Re: Food! (recipes)

Post by lonelieone » Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:25 am

There are quite a few really nice recipes on here. There are a few that made me want to start chewing my laptop...lol So in return I would like to share a great recipe of my Moms that makes a great Fall Desert. I make this every year for Halloween, Thanksgiving and of coarse Christmas. I hope many of you will try it and most importantly love it as much as I do.

Pumpkin Cake

4 Eggs 1/2 Tsp. Nutmeg
2 Cups Sugar 2 Tsp. Soda
1 1/2 Cups Mazola Oil
2 Tsp. Cinnamon 2 Cups Flour
2 Cups Pumpkin 1/2 Tsp Salt

Beat Eggs and Sugar until light , add Mazola oil and beat well. Add all dry ingredients to creamed mixture and beat well. Add Pumpkin. Pour into greased and floured Bundt pan. Bake at 350 for one hour or until center of cake springs up when touched.

Cream Cheese Icing

1 - 8 ounce Package Cream Cheese 1/2 Cup Margarine
1 - 1 Pound Package Powdered Sugar 1 Tsp Vanilla

Mix all Ingrdients until smooth and creamy. Spread over cooled cake. Decorate with Holiday sprinkles or however you desire.
( Keep Refridgerated )

May the upcomming Holidays bring all of my Trans friends peace , love and Joy!

dalekskaro

Post by dalekskaro » Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:57 pm

This is the BEST cake I've had in a long while :) This was my birthday cake (birthday was a couple days ago), my best friend make it for me including the from scratch lemon curd. http://sweetapolita.com/2011/03/a-slice ... emon-cake/

oku888

Post by oku888 » Tue May 01, 2012 8:41 pm

I like smoothies so i have this:
Directions 1. Puree the quartered strawberrie in a blender or food processor until completely smooth. 2. Pour into glasses. 3. Puree the peeled orange. 4. Pour over the strawberry juice.

fish2

Post by fish2 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:46 am

Cole's Veggie-Egg Recipe

For 1 person:

1 cup broccoli
1 cup corn
1 cup peas
2 hard boiled eggs
1-2 table spoons of butter
Pepper (as much or as little as you like)

I use organic ingredients. Veggies are usually frozen.

Put all your veggies and eggs into a pot and cook (boil) for a total of 20 min or until broccoli is soft. Drain the water. Peel the eggs and chop them up. Place them back into the pot. Add your butter and pepper. And drool all over yourself....don't forget the bib :D