Comic Book Heros

Poems and stories written by our chatroom friends who want to share their feelings

Moderator: ForumMods

deanna
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Comic Book Heros

Post by deanna » Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:40 pm

Spiderman, The Xmen, The Hulk comic book caractors all. As a bit of introduction my father was a collector and avid reader of comics. So these caractors and many more were my friends, my allies, my roll models growing up. Many of my earlest memories come from those pages. Teaching me right from wrong and teaching me about having a secret idenity. Now many of these caractors had secret idenities to protect those that they held dear. Friends, family, loved ones much as many of us keep a secret idenity for the same reasons. To protect those we hold dearest from that that might hurt them. but still others like The Thing couldnt change back to a safe idenity. Those that didnt have the option of a safe secret idenity eather because of apperance or noterity. My own personal Peter Parker has served me well but I am rapidly aproaching the point of no longer having the "safe" option of a secret idenity. I must learn to live not in hiding to protect others but in the full light of day everyday. I only hope I can do this with the same strength and dignity and learn to still be able to protect those I love as those on the pages that I held so dear taught me too. What am i trying to say to you live you life with strength and dignity if a duel idenity serves you embrace it but if you to have reached the point it can do nothing but bring misery then live in the light with out fear