Going full time

Poems and stories written by our chatroom friends who want to share their feelings

Moderator: ForumMods

deanna
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Going full time

Post by deanna » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:45 pm

I was lucky in the way I went full time that things went well. I took a large leap of faith that things would be ok and changed my name and put in my 2 weeks notice where I was working when it was official. I explained to my then employer that I was transitioning and thet the lose of strength that came with the hrt and orchi had made it to where I was getting worried about the ability to do my job (auto mechanic) . They we very supportive of me and was fine if i wanted to stay with them transitioning on the job. After my 2 weeks were up I took a few weeks off to get use to the day to day things one must do to be able to work as a full time person. I went to a temp service and applied for a position in a warehouse and filled out their paperwork. There is a gov form in the states that is an optional sheet to help identify if you are in some minority category which I filled out except for marking my gender. Well the lady caught that I hadnt checked a box and asked me to go ahead and check the female box lol. I told here she needed to take a look at my DL (I havent changed the gender marker on it) and she responded that she wasnt allowed to check the box for me . I then explained that the marker on my DL was male and that I was transgender. She had no clue and thought at first that I was a genetic female who was going to transition to male lol. After I got the confusion cleared up I was offered the job and worked for about 30 days until another temp company offered me a job at a factory making several dollars an hour more than the warehouse. I worked at the factory for 90 days under the temp service and was offered a permanent position with the company with a raise and have just been offered a promotion to machine operator with another raise to go with it all in less than 6 months. With both the warehouse and the factory I have been stealth something I never thought would even be a possibility. All and all for me the experience I have had with becoming my true self have been positive. I have found it easier so far to find work now than I did before I transitioned (been offered several other jobs while I have been working at the factory).

kcxoxo92
Staff
Staff

Re: Going full time

Post by kcxoxo92 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:16 am

Congrats Deanna! Its always great to read success stories and Im glad yours is one of them! hugs

oku888

Post by oku888 » Wed May 02, 2012 8:22 pm

Nice story Denna.. more luck to you!!

MascariaDark

Post by MascariaDark » Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:28 am

wow incredible story deanna hugs congrats on you're success in wishing you many more indeed its good to see stories like this hoping to here more.