A Day of Linda's

Poems and stories written by our chatroom friends who want to share their feelings

Moderator: ForumMods

Lindaj

A Day of Linda's

Post by Lindaj » Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:55 am

Monday August 26, 2013

I am writing this to elate how life can have a funny moment.

Allow me to set the back drop of the moments of reality. I had just finished the mowing of our front lawn with the riding tractor in the cool morning sun; the air was dry and my body semi sweating, the temperature was hovering around 82 degree F. As I parked the tractor to come inside my wife asked would you like some lunch? I said yes that would be great. She replied well can we go out? I said yes but I do not feel we should because I need to finish. She said we will go to Golden Corral and then some quick stops be back in no time. I agreed and washed up and we left. We had a good lunch, lite but filling.

On our way back she asked if we could stop at the DMV to get the titled changed for the Jeep. I said why not we agreed I am signing it over in this divorce. So we did that, here is funny number one. The gal at the DMV asked me for a second Identification card since I did not look like the one I got in June. I gave her my old license that had been revoked for medical reasons. She looked and looked and finally accepted it.

Now for the rally of life’s instant funnies

We then went off to Piggly Wiggle on Simmons Street here in New Bern, NC as I was briefly walking to the door there were two children and a women close by to me. Well as we got closer to the entrance I was able to here the children talking. After we entered the store the young girl about 10 or so hit her brother on the arm and said ask her. The brother, about a year younger, said no you ask. She said, with most authority, you ask that women if she is a women.

As I watched from the corner of my eye I saw a young boy questioning his fear. He did over come his fear to ask. He came to me and said something like, “may I ask you something?” He then paused, for him the second of silence might have felt like the end of the world that I would spit fire at him. I stood there and replied yes young man. I like that is when he was too sacred to pee I spoke. Well any how with out issuing any further comment. The sister, grabs him and says “I told you just because a girl has muscles, like me, does not make her a boy”.

The young girl then spoke up and said “MA’am I am sorry for my brother he is ignatarnt” I said thank you young lady but you made a few mistakes. She stepped back thinking she was all well and good. I said first off you should never reprimand some one in front of others for the lack of understanding and if you think or feel you know you should attempt to educate them. She said “yes Ma’am”

Now here is the bigger kicker, I did not see nor know their mother was very close by watching and not saying anything until she did speak. She said you are understanding because some people would have truly been insulted by what happen. I said MA’am if I was to be that way I would not have shown them both understanding. A lesson learned is a lesson shared.

We then all went about our business in the store.
Live today for all it is worth for tomorrow may never come and if it does it will be today.