one page story

Poems and stories written by our chatroom friends who want to share their feelings

Moderator: ForumMods

aidenwillows

one page story

Post by aidenwillows » Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:24 am

i stood on the bank of the rivers' meeting ground as the fog began rising from the water's surface. the water was a dark murky brown, flowing towards hope of some kind of clarity. i took a deep breath as the fall breeze blew gently sending chills dancing down my arms. i watched as the water bounced lightly against the shoreline. the tall dry grass swayed from side to side, as if to reach for a purpose, a sign of life or hope. the gentle tugging of the water sent the broken grass bobbing in every direction, diving in and out of the shallow waters.

i felt sweat, like melting ice, dripping down my neck as sharp pains in my lower abdomen began to explode. i took a deep breath in, feeling the cold air rush through my body. a sudden cold breeze wrapped itself around me like a cold python, attempting to squeeze the life out of me. a sharp pain and tingling shot down my right leg as it buckled beneath me. i fell hard, hitting my face on the dirt and dry leaves below me. a loud crack escaped into the air, echoing against the ground as the dust flew up into my eyes and mouth. i attempted to take a deep breath in, but nothing more than shallow breaths entered my airway. i could feel a weight take over my body, making me feel immobile, helpless. the taste of cold metal began pouring from my mouth uncontrollably onto the dirt below me.

as i attempted to control my breathing my vision began to blur and shutter like an old movie. i tasted a combination of the dirt and blood swishing around in my mouth as i kept trying to draw in breaths of air. sharp shallow pains shot up and down my spine and into my stomach as my legs began to go numb. i let out a gasping scream as i turned my head and opened my dust and blood covered eyes. all i could see was a pair of tennis shoes covered in blood and dirt. suddenly a deep gut-wrenching pain shot across my head as one of the shoes came flying full force towards my face...

the cold breeze gently ran across the rivers' meeting ground as i lay, face first covered in blood and dirt. i never thought my exit from the world would be so sudden, chaotic and full of mystery. i never once got to see the face of the person who took my presence from the world, never seeing more than the shoes... who ever would have thought this gentle, cold day on the river would be my finale.