Coma

Poems and stories written by our chatroom friends who want to share their feelings

Moderator: ForumMods

sarah_aus

Coma

Post by sarah_aus » Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:57 am

Dark, Constant and unforgiving.
No sound emanated from the black void of his mind, Numbed by the silence, spellbound by its unending infinite drone.
In the distance, miles away, it seemed, a soft buzz drifted into his presence, he welcomed the warming embrace as it enveloped his body.
The buzz slowly turned into a steady thrumming, and then to a pounding, the rhythmic beats thrust its waves into his body.
More sounds joined it, higher in pitch – light at first, but slowly advancing to a high pitched screaming.
The screams ripped though his unmoving body, rocking him to a fall.
Falling he heard the screams become more human like and terrestrial.
Light began to bleed into his view, burning his eyes.
He fell faster and faster, incessant as the screams began to tear at his soul.
With an abrupt end he slammed to a stop.
The screams had stopped and instead he heard the steady throb of a more natural sound, he strained to figure out what it was ;Listening, trying to clear his head, a steady beep cut through the haziness and disorientation, and he tried to clear his thoughts.
Pictures of strange forms and figures began to clutter his mind.
Struggling, he couldn’t shake the images from his mind.
With a final push he focused on the voice, he could hear in the distance, soft and careful it comforted him as he listened.
“I don’t know what to say.” It was the voice of a woman, someone he knew.
“It’s been so hard to see you like this…” A figure appeared in his thoughts, making its way through the shapes on the floor.
“They say that sometimes people can hear you when they are in a coma…”The figure reached out a hand and touched his face; Warmth flowed through the hand and into his body.
“I hope you can hear me now…” It began to smile, light emanated from the figures eyes.
Peace enveloped him and the figure beckoned him.
“Because, I just want to know…”
The beeping ceased. Silence…
Fin