Name Change In Ohio

Names and links of places to get the information and care you need

Moderator: ForumMods

deanna
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Name Change In Ohio

Post by deanna » Fri May 13, 2011 2:44 pm

I just went to file the paperwork for my legal name change in the state of Ohio. I found the process in ohio to be relativle easy just a matter of doing a google search on name change (the county I live in) Ohio brought me to the countys website where the forms that you have to have are avalable. What has to be done is you file out the form with your curent name the name you wish to change yours to and your address. Now when I printed out my compleated forms i also printed out a couple blank ones on the advice of a friend so if there was any issues. With the forms in hand time to take a trip to the local county court house and find the correct office.(luckaly i had a friend with me that knew where to go. Thanks Carol). Taking the forms and $95 to the lady behind the counter she proceded to get me a case number have us walk down the hall to her office where a date was set and then back to the first room for stamping paperwork making copys and getting me a paper stating that I payed my money. With that behind us she gave us directions to the local paper office to place an add stateing my intent to change my name and the warning to make sure that you bring the proof of publication to court with me. A 2 block walk later we go into the paper to the clasified section and give them a copy from the court house of what to publish $45 dollars later I am told to watch my mail that I would be receving a noterised letter stating that the ad had run and to make sure to bring that to court with me. All and all everyone I delt with today from the ladys behind the counters to the security guards running my purse thru the metel detector treated me with the utmost respect allways using the correct pronouns and made it a very simple process with the lady at the court house even delaying her lunch break to do my papework so i didnt have to come back later. My court date is in a little over a month and I will continue this after it happens