Mother of a trans!!

Support for TGs raising children

Moderator: ForumMods

Hictedy

Mother of a trans!!

Post by Hictedy » Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:38 am

Hi. I am a mother of a trans. She is 14 years old now. We realized this fact recently and it was a shock to us. Her father is not ready to accept her. He is showing his dislike towards her and she is totally depressed because of it. I don't want to disclose it to our relatives. Is there anything that I can do for her to make her feel better? She is my daughter and I don't want to leave her like that. I have disclosed this only to my close friend and she suggested an FTM top surgery in Mississauga ( http://www.ftmtopsurgery.ca/ftm-procedures/ ). But is this procedure recommended at this age?

Dantor
Admin
Admin

Re: Mother of a trans!!

Post by Dantor » Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:32 am

Before any surgeries (SRS) and hormones (HRT) your son will have to talk to a Trained and Certified Gender Dysphoria Therapist (for the go ahead for any surgeon/medications). We cannot make any specific recommendations for any surgeons or places (you will get all kinds of answers online) but most GD Therapist have recommendations.

We also suggest you talk to a Gender Therapist (if your serious) for help and the BEST suggestions to cope with family and friends and any problems you have or could have. Getting real help from a trained Gender Therapist (not a general one, they can only recommend a trained Gender Therapist) is the best way to get the correct facts and the help you and your son need.

Good Luck and please keep us informed of how things go ;)