Hair Growth and Maintenance Tips

Fashion and tips for looking your best

Moderator: ForumMods

TransCanada
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Hair Growth and Maintenance Tips

Post by TransCanada » Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:06 pm

This topic has come up quite a bit in chat,so this link might help answer some questions. Hair Growing and Maintenance Tips

Jacobgoblin

Re: Hair Growth and Maintenance Tips

Post by Jacobgoblin » Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:06 pm

Thank you very much for sharing this link, i find it interesting and insightful.I have been researching on this topic for a couple of months, here is my research work hope it will be beneficial for others..!

There are many people want to know hair regrowth tips to grow hair faster. It is a reality for those suffering from hair loss and it usually takes at least six months to take effect. Do not worry, here are some tips for you.

1. Protein is important. Since hair is made of protein, protein deficiency caused by excessive weight loss can lead to hair fragile or slow hair growth cycle. If you have enough protein, it will usually speed up the hair growth cycle. Some nutrition experts suggest that daily nutritional intake including yeast, wheat germ, lecithin to enhance hair growth, toughness and beauty. Other foods contain protein including fish, eggs, beans, yogurt. Soy protein has also been found to be useful for hair growth. One study found that soy not only help to strengthen the resilience of the hair, but also on its growth. Tofu is the best source of soy foods.

2. Improve hair regrowth cycle. The right vitamins and minerals play an important role on the growth of hair. Any malnutrition would lead to more and more thin and delicate hair, and even bald. Lack of thyroid activity can cause fragile hair. The basic idea is that your hair will reflect your physical condition. If you have good health and nutrition, your hair will be shining bright as a feedback. Adequate intake of amino acids, or vitamin B group, can promote the growth of hair. Others such as: Vitamin B6, Vitamin H, inositol and folic acid. In addition, some minerals, such as: magnesium, sulfur, silica and zinc is very helpful for the maintenance of healthy hair. Carotene for hair growth is also crucial. This is because it is converted to vitamin A when the body needs it, can maintain the natural growth and bone development, give healthy skin, hair and nails. Carotene can be found in green or yellow vegetables and fruits.

3. Excessive stress and certain drugs can prevent hair growth. If you are on medication, then you have take any new vitamins, minerals, or herbal remedies, must be prior consultation with your doctor. However, if you are now faced with many pressures, so reducing stress is helpful. Try meditation or other relaxation methods to reduce the pressure of life. Your hair will be very glad you do so. Another secret is to give hair a healthy rest and sleep. The study also found that to make hair grow fast enough sleep is necessary (7-9 hours of sleep is recommended).

4. Proper diet, exercise, stress reduction, rest are good tips for hair gorwth. You may need to add vitamins or minerals, you can also use the proprietary formulations such as vitamin designed specifically for hair care.

oku888

Post by oku888 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:54 pm

thanks for that very informative tips. i dont know why and what is the use of the coconut in hair. but we usually use coconut for our hair to make it more shine and soft.

LexieJ

Post by LexieJ » Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:44 am

These are some really amazing tips, here are some of the tips that I found really amazing.
Some people grow hair faster, while others grow hair slower. It all depends on who you are. BUT, I know if you take care of your hair and follow these steps, you will get longer, healthier hair in no time!

Here are some steps you can follow to grow your hair faster:

Dantor
Admin
Admin

Post by Dantor » Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:33 am

sorry LexieJ but your thread was too long, please keep each thread/post under 400 (or close). Just make more threads!

we do this so it is easier to read instead of one giant post! (rules)

Thank You

LexieJ

Post by LexieJ » Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:07 am

Sorry for the long post, I will keep this in check this time but these tips are really amazing and really worked for me.
Make lettuce and spinach juice and mix them together. Wash your hair with the mixture daily.
* Break one egg and apply on your hair for 1 hour, massage your hair a few times for better results.
* Pour olive oil on your head and massage it into your scalp to prevent more hair loss.
* Boil water in a pot and add rosemary leaves, mix and cook until you get a mixture. Wait for 30 minutes and apply on your hair.
* Massage Aloe Vera into your scalp wash it with lukewarm water.
* Mix honey and egg yolk and apply on your hair. Let it stand for 20-40 minutes and wash well with cold water so it won't stick.
* Use coconut milk instead of shampoo when washing your hair.
* Henna is very good for the hair, it makes it shine and also very good when losing hair. Apply henna on your hair, let it stand for a few minutes but not too long or your hair will turn red.
* Mix rosemary leaves with lemon, egg white, and olive oil. Apply on your hair for 20-40 minutes and wash with cold water.
* Smear honey on your scalp, let it stand for 20 minutes and wash with warm water. Be careful the honey might stick to your hair, use only with short hair.
For more tips, please check out this amazing post I found here: How to grow your hair fast