Amberspace

Names and links of places to get the information and care you need

Moderator: ForumMods

sarah_aus

Amberspace

Post by sarah_aus » Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:08 am

This is a well written site, that started as a blog but is full of lots of useful information for transition, timelines, mindset and thinking, surgeries, hormones, coming out, legal, and unlike many sites I have come across, also a good number of questions and arguments both for and against transition.

From her front page:

I'm Amber and welcome to Amberspace, the continuing story of my so-called life. Going through a gender transition really isn't a happy story, but I guess some of us do what we feel we have to. The intent of this site is that you walk away understanding what some transsexuals endure as well as pointers to read what other people have to say.
If you're looking for general information try the overview and links pages. You can read about where I've been through my past, recent experiences and writings---including the Semi-Daily Blog. Most of this site is tailored to the male-to-female (MTF) transsexual, but quite a bit applies to female-to-male (FTM) transsexuals as well.
It is not my intention to sway you in any direction. Chasing your "true self" can be the most rewarding thing you'll ever do and it may indeed return you dividends of happiness in years to come. Or it could be a decision which you have to live with for the remainder of your life. I can only present to you what I thought and have done so that you can reflect on what you feel you need to do.
So may you find something here that is useful to you in your journey. Hopefully one day you will move beyond this phase of your life and forget these pages even existed as you settle back into normalcy...

Hope you find this useful...

http://www.amberspace.net/