Welcome to the new wiki. It's important that we keep the wiki factual and unbiased, so make sure you have references available for any statement of fact or opinion that you edit into the page. Opinions should be noted as such.
References should be given in the Modern Language Association citation style:
- American Psychiatric Association. Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fourth Edition. American Psychiatric Publishing, Inc., 2000. Print.
- "Transgender." Wikipedia: The Free Encyclopedia. Wikimedia Foundation, n.d. Web. 14 Jul. 2010.
- Journal Article:
- Gibson B, Catlin AJ. "Care of the child with the desire to change gender--Part I". Pediatr Nurs. Jan-Feb (2010);36(1):53-9. Print.
- "Matthew Shepard and James Byrd, Jr. Hate Crimes Prevention Act." Human Rights Campaign. The Human Rights Campaign, 28 Jun. 2010. Web. 14 Jul. 2010.
- Blog Entry:
- Linda J. "DADT update." Transgender Life and Friends. lindaxdress.webs.com, 29 May 2010. Web. 14 Jul. 2010.
When replying to a comment on this page, use the appropriate number of colons at the beginning of the line to indent your text so we can keep track of who said what. At the end of your comment, enter four tildes to insert your name and the date.
For example, to reply to this, you might enter something like:
:What should we do in the case that we have no references available for a statement commonly accepted to be true? :~~~~
Then a reply to that might be entered as:
::Perhaps we should have a special color to indicate sections like that. ::~~~~
Note that the second reply used two colons instead of just one at the beginning of the line. This causes a double indent instead of a single indent.
Kat 03:56, 15 July 2010 (UTC)
Oh, I should also mention... I placed a bunch of sections and placeholder information on the main page to give a guide about how to organize the information. The editors, whomever they end up being, should not feel bound by my choice of sections and organization. Feel free to re-arrange, rename, delete, add or otherwise alter the example organization I've created.
Kat 04:00, 15 July 2010 (UTC)
Learning to be an Editor
Wikipedia has an excellent introduction to editing a wiki. Visit Wikipedia:Tutorial.
A thorough reference for formatting commands is available at Wikimedia.org.
Kat 03:00, 16 July 2010 (UTC)